Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Starting Over

Almost five years ago, my life went off the rails.  Yep, it de-railed big-time.  Someone in their fifties shouldn't be totally re-setting their life.  Yet, that's exactly what I did.

The death of my parents, coupled with the death of my marriage, adding in death of a job I adored... well, there I was.  Fumbling-bumbling at life.

I moved.  I cried.  I was numb for a while... and then the most amazing thing happened.  I met the true love of my life.  And as quickly as my life had de-railed, we hit the ground running.

It's been almost two years now.   To think I went so long without knowing what an easy, comfortable love is!

We have been experiencing life in full bloom.  Traveling.  Celebrating family. Even bought a cabin we are turning into a home.  Simply put:  We are enjoying the simple things in life. 



It has taken me a while to get back to what I love doing in the studio -- partly because I've been so busy enjoying our day today --  and I honestly would not be here doing it if it weren't for him. I couldn't be happier.  And he says, neither could he.  So there you have it, from death truly does come re-birth.

Now, I could have started a new blog in honor of this rebirth of myself, but honestly, I didn't want to lose the history of the things that lead up to the almost five-year gap.  So I kept the history, and simply renamed it, "Every Little Thing."  We'll see how it develops.  I envision exactly what the tag line says, "snapshots from the studio and snippets from life."  Stay tuned.

No comments: